Friday, August 28, 2009

Invasive Exotics


I am loving Gail Sorronda's current collection Invasive Exotics for Spring/Summer 10 - especially the Dot Dash Bolero and Dot Dash Skirt in the last image, as well as the Miniscus Jacket with the large front bow and made of 100% silk organza. The photography for the collection is also spectacularly shot as well - there seems to be a Helmut Newton-esque feel to the styling as well as the photgraphy. I really love the slow shutter speeds used for the last two photographs illustrating the delicate and flowing nature of the garment. Beautiful.
Photos courtesy of Gail Sorronda

4 comments:

  1. I know this is kind of a late response, but thank you so much for your comment on my blog! I appreciate it so much. I will definitely do a post on Carine and Julia soon, they're both amazing. Maybe just to add to Anna's, I'll do a Bee Shaffer post :)

    Thanks so much! Your blog is great, keep up the good work!

    Best Wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lillian,

    Just thought I had better reply to your comment.
    I didn't get your email, but i'm not sure what print you're talking about sorry?
    I don't have one called 'flutterby baby'
    I think you have me mistaken for someone else?

    Kel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lillian CHAN! It's roxane from uni! we have the same last name, like many others do...but wow u have a blog too! sweet as, nice pics too :) another blog to checkout when I'm bored/wasting time but in a good way- yayyyy :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey lillian! haha it's susan from uni as well. lol i'm going to write pretty much everything that roxane just said! saw your blog link on your facebook. i like your blog! so many good pictures

    ReplyDelete