Friday, May 15, 2009

Hail Christophe Decarnin

It was only today that I realised how much we owe Christophe Decarnin. I was always aware that Balmain had such a huge impact on current fashion trends but it was only now that I realised to what extent. I went to Fashion Weekend today and I was suddenly aware that so much that was on sale and so much of what people were wearing have been influenced by the innovation and style of Decarnin's collection. I went to Fashion Weekend today and recognised that a lot of current fashion trends have been heavily inspired by the international runways, which is slightly disappointing because Australia is known for its unique take on fashion. My sister picked up a pair of denim shorts at one of the stores at the event which has rows of square studs on them reminiscent of the black leather pants from Givenchy A/W 08 collection. Harem pants are also another key item that Decarnin pioneered into a mass global trend. This item has filtered down eventually arriving in every chain store and are prominent everywhere, just take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment