Sunday, May 03, 2009

RAFW Day 3

I was actually a bit disappointed with Marnie Skillings who is one of my favourite designers. I love her use of clashing prints and colour. Unfortunately this whole collection had basically a muted colour palette and not as many prints as I was used to. I think I was expecting an explosion of colour like last summer when she used the lino prints of Bruce Goold. There was also a lot of all-black looks that I thought were a bit average and could've been any other designer. There was however one print that caught my eye that looked like splashes of paint in orange, yellow, blue and black. Nevertheless, the collection featured feminine blouses and dresses in beautiful fabrics that I'm sure are going to be popular anyway.

I loved Jayson Brunsdon's collection, one of my favourites of the week. He's one of those designers that I unwaveringly admire and love every season, but don't particularly own much of - at least yet. The collection was very Jayson with a lot of draping and subtle use of bows. I thought the colour palette was beautiful and consisted of neutrals (chocolate, blush, beige, gold, cream and mint) and the fabrics enhanced them nicely. I really wanted to wear a lot of those ensembles particularly the silk draped shirt dresses and the pleated skirts. I thought the shirts with the peplums were adorable and had a delicate 40s feel to them. You know what's refreshing - he always does his own thing and its really obvious in his collections. He doesn't need to look at the international runways for inspiration. I already can't wait to see what's next!

Photos courtesy of www.vogue.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment