Saturday, April 18, 2009

English Rose


I'll be the first to admit I'm not a Keira Knightley fan so it is a rare occasion that I speak of her with praise. I saw her on the cover of next month's Marie Claire and she looks absolutely stunning. Ironically, the cover quote is "I've never been a girly-girl". Her makeup is both considered and effortless, flawless and beautiful, the soft pink blush accents her porcelain skin – the epitome of "English Rose", a persona she easily embodies. I can imagine that this look would be used by Christopher Bailey or Stella McCartney to launch a Spring/Summer collection, reminiscent of the blooming English countryside. The contrasting dark, tangled tresses remind us that every rose has its thorns, but regardless, never detract from the rose itself.

Image from Marie Claire Australia May 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment