Monday, April 20, 2009

I Love Lucy





I came across Lucy Folk's jewellery in an issue of Vogue a while back and there was a small feature on some of her pieces that are inspired by (or rather representations of) food, including everything from popcorn, corn chips, burger rings, pretzels and pasta. I think I remember there was a farfalle pasta necklace that I thought was adorable because it slightly resembled a bow tie. The rigatoni necklace is inspired by childhood nostalgia; I think everybody has at some point made a necklace out of pasta, or put burger rings on their fingers and ate them one by one. I know I have! She has also collaborated with Arabella Ramsay for a couple seasons; one of the standout pieces being the knitted anthurium flower necklace. The jewellery is both kitsch and cute, and will have everybody asking where you got that.

Photos courtesy of www.lucyfolk.com

3 comments:

  1. ooh i want the pretzel one! where can i get it? hehe. S

    ReplyDelete
  2. zomg.. i just googled it and it's listed for 225 POUNDS!
    My gosh.. I should not look at your blog hah. It makes me desire things that i cannot afford ><
    S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe this post was especially for you. They're so cool aren't they?! The necklace actually has a toggle chain and I think the loop is a burger ring! Assin in Paddington stocks them but yes they are pricey.

    ReplyDelete